Victorian Greenhouses Guide & Review
The Victorian Era was the golden period for Victorian Greenhouses in England. The wealthy upper class loved the idea of an area to grow plants. The areas grew larger and became these beautifully designed greenhouses for these aspiring botanists.
The Janssens Victorian Greenhouse is one of the premier greenhouses in the “Helios” line of greenhouses from Janssens of Belgium. This company has been making high-end glass greenhouses for over 30 years. Since the introduction of the Victorian model, in 1999, they have become a leading supplier of this style of greenhouse in Europe.
In this article we will find out more about the different kinds of Victorian Greenhouses that we carry.
Why Choose a Victorian Greenhouse?
- 🌿 Significantly better insulated then other glass greenhouses. How? Rubber seals, single pane window, and 4mm glass
- 🌿Strong and durable greenhouses
- 🌿Esthethically pleasing
- 🌿The best in the market
- 🌿Tempered glass is 4mm (standard in the market is only 3mm).
- 🌿Polycarbonate is Xtra-strong triple layer 10 mm panels.
- 🌿Best customer service in the business
- 🌿Strongest warranty in the market
- 🌿Made in Belgium
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ROYAL VICTORIAN GREENHOUSES:
- 🌳 Now available with 10mm triple layer "X-Strong" Polycarbonate windows instead of glass. No more need to special order this option.
- 🌳 X-Strong polycarbonate panels feature beveled edges with U-shaped metal end caps for increased durability.
- 🌳 Aluminum Profiles are larger, thicker, stronger than those of any competitor in this price range
- 🌳 Uses 4mm tempered glass while other use only 3 mm glass
- 🌳 Windows are held in place by substantial rubber seals, which provide better insulation - others only use metal clips
- 🌳 Vertical glass is only one piece - looks much nicer. Others use two overlapping pieces - which fills with dirt
- 🌳 4" high foundation frame included - others usually cost extra
- 🌳 1 or 2 Spindle Roof Window Openers (great in windy conditions), and automatic window openers on other roof windows
- 🌳 Includes a misting system (customer has to provide a hose to connect to faucet)
- 🌳 Shoulder (with large gutter) 6'7" high - about 1 foot higher than other greenhouses
- 🌳 One sliding door - can be put in any vertical glass location (front, back or sides)
🌷Janssens Junior Victorian Greenhouses
There are 4 types of Junior Victorian Greenhouse, JVIC 23, JVIC 24, JVIC 25 and T-shaped Junior Orangerie:
JANSSENS JUNIOR VICTORIAN JVIC23 (8x10)
CLICK HERE for the available Junior Victorian 23 Greenhouses
JANSSENS JUNIOR VICTORIAN JVIC24 (8x13)
The Junior Victorian model V24 Greenhouse is a bit larger than the 23, and provides the same ideal, year-round, gardening environment while combining Old World Style with modern European engineering and craftsmanship. The elegant black aluminum framework, tempered glass panels; abundant 5' side walls and 8'2" peak height combine to give you a beautiful greenhouse while providing you with 97 sq ft of comfortable interior workspace. Whether you are over-wintering special or valuable plants, starting seedlings or creating a tropical jungle, you can enjoy years of maintenance free use. The JVIC 24 Junior Victorians have 2 automatic roof windows, 2 full-length gutters and downspouts, and measure 7’ 9” wide X 12’ 6” deep.
CLICK HERE for the available Junior Victorian 24 Greenhouses
JANSSENS JUNIOR VICTORIAN JVIC25 (8x15)
The Junior Victorian model J-VIC25 Greenhouse provides the ideal, year-round, gardening environment while combining Old World Style with modern European
engineering and craftsmanship. The elegant black aluminum framework, tempered glass panels; abundant 5' side walls and 8'2" peak height combine to give you a beautiful greenhouse while providing you with 120 sq ft of comfortable interior workspace.
The JVIC 25 Junior Victorians has 2 roof windows, with one automatic window opener. Full-length gutters and downspouts, and measure 7’ 9” wide X 15' deep.
CLICK HERE for the available Junior Victorian 25 Greenhouses
JANSSENS T-SHAPED JUNIOR VICTORIAN ORANGERIE
The Junior Orangerie is the most unusual and most appealing greenhouse on the market today. The elegant black framework, Old World Style, and European engineering combined with 5’ side walls and 8’ 2’ peak height give the gardener a comfortable 114 square feet of interior workspace.
The greenhouse comes with 2 automatic roof openers, a roof gutter system, and sliding glass door. This is truly a must see, must have gardener’s dream.
CLICK HERE for the available Junior Victorian Orangerie
🌷Janssens Royal Victorian Greenhouses (Small-Medium-Large-X-large)
Janssens Victorian Greenhouses VI23 (Small)
🌳 Dimensions: 7’9” wide x 10’2” long x 8’6”
🌳 Side wall: 6'7"
🌳 Comes in glass and Polycarbonate
🌳 4mm tempered glass
Janssens Victorian Greenhouses VI34 (Medium)
Janssens Victorian Greenhouses VI36 (Large)